Upside Thinking

Are you only using 10% of your brain?!?

By Lisa Marie Platske / July 30, 2012

Albert Einstein estimated that the average person uses only 10% of their brain’s full potential. So, what about the other 90%?!? One of the biggest components to Upside Thinking is believing, and understanding that if you change your thinking, you truly can change your life. You become what you believe. 90% of our brain is controlled by…

Read More

The Power of 3 – Choice. Commitment. Discipline

By Lisa Marie Platske / July 23, 2012

Thomas Edison said, “When a man makes up his mind to solve any problem he may at first meet with opposition; but if he holds on and keeps on searching, he will be sure to find some sort of solution. The trouble with most people is that they quit before they start.” I couldn’t agree more…

Read More

I’m All In…You?

By Lisa Marie Platske / July 16, 2012

I just came back from Pennsylvania where I attended my cousin Joey’s wedding. As I sat there I thought about how wonderful my own wedding day was and what an honor it is to be Jim’s wife, and how our life has changed through the past ten (10) years. When Jim and I were living in California,…

Read More


By Lisa Marie Platske / July 9, 2012

Jim and I travel often, usually staying at a Marriott property, Renaissance, or the Ritz-Carlton. After years in the military, Jim’s idea of roughing it is the Motel 6. However, every so often we travel to a remote area where the Motel 6 would be delightful. Two years ago, we stayed at a motel –…

Read More

Are You a Difference Maker?

By Lisa Marie Platske / July 2, 2012

In a week when we celebrate Independence Day in the United States of America, I thought it was appropriate to write about difference making. My first book, Designing Your Destiny, has a starfish displayed prominently on the front cover. (Click Here to order your copy!) The original story of the starfish that inspired this design was by Loren Eisley,…

Read More

Lessons from Tinker Bell

By Lisa Marie Platske / June 25, 2012

I happen to be one of those people who enjoys the magic of Disney. Visiting what is dubbed “The Happiest Place on Earth” suits my Upside self, and I find myself giddy with excitement as I stroll through the park anxiously waiting in line for the next attraction. While I liked all of the characters as a kid, I recently read…

Read More

Listen Up!

By Lisa Marie Platske / June 11, 2012

When I opened Upside Thinking, Inc., I researched and designed a fourteen (14) module Upside Thinking Leadership Academy with beginning to end programming, or stand-alone modules. The training topics include vision building, employee engagement and motivation, handling generational differences, resolving conflict, managing, and effective performance management, etc. While one of the modules was entitled Communication Dynamics, communication…

Read More

“Then, Die”

By Lisa Marie Platske / June 1, 2012

“Then, die.” Not the usual Upside thought for Monday morning, and yet incredibly relevant. Since I’ve renewed my health commitment in 2012, I have been pushing myself to the limit as I work with a trainer, and walk with my girlfriend who has been training for a 60-mile walk. When I came across this story,…

Read More

Are You an Earth Mover?

By Lisa Marie Platske / May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day to my American friends! I am sending much love and gratitude out in honor of the men and women who have given up their life so we can enjoy freedom in the United States of America, and I thought this article was a perfect fit. —– “Give me a place to stand…

Read More